Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Crazy Buster

Since I haven't posted regularly in a ridiculously long time, you haven't had any updates on my crazy, crazy puppy. (He's sort of one of my favorite topics of discussion) You know how people say dogs start to look like their owners after a while? Well, apparently mine just latched onto our quirkiness instead. I have so many stories about the weird things he does, but lately this is my favorite strange habit.

"Me? Quirky? No way!"

Here's the scenario. Buster looks at the laundry room door (where we keep his treats), and I (being a pushover even to a puppy) give in and get him a bone. Next he walks around the house anxiously, whining and pacing all around the house - in and out of every room. If for some reason one of the doors in the house is closed, he will whine at it until I open it. Not quite sure why, but he likes to walk into every single room with his bone.

Anxious, pacing puppy

My best guess is that he's trying to find a good hiding place for it, because next he goes to work looking for a place to bury it. Yes, you read that correctly. He paces around until he can find a good place to bury his bone...inside. His current favorite bury locations are: on the guest bed, in the lining of his bed in our room, on the couch in the living room, or under his bed in the living room.

Completely normal, right?

It seriously feels like hide and seek. As soon as I figure out where the bone is, he will move it to a new location. Guess he can't trust his hiding spot for more than a few minutes. His other favorites include under the day bed, in the bathroom, in the laundry basket, and on the couch in the man cave. After much pacing, wining, burying, and relocating, he will finally sit down to eat his bone he worked so hard to protect.

Yum!

So there you have it, folks! My dog is a strange one, but I love him to pieces. Stay tuned. I'm sure there will be many more crazy Buster posts!

You can't help but love him!

4 comments:

  1. Buster is such a cutie! We've missed you. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love that he has to go in every room! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lenzi!

    It's pretty funny that he has to go in every room. I wish I knew what was going on in his little head when he does strange things like that. And the bone thing is just the tip of the iceberg. I have myself a very quirky dog! PS: I love reading about Ike! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your puppy-doddle just makes me smile! What a character!

    ReplyDelete