Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Under construction...

Since we closed on our house on Friday, things have been absolutely crazy. We are planning to fully move in at some point this weekend, so we are franticly trying to pack up our current house, finish little projects at the new house, and unpack things as soon as we get them over there.

Evidently quickly painting a bedroom is easier said than done. We decided to paint our light brown bedroom a light blue to make it look brighter.


The first coat went just fine (even though I did it right after we went to the Saints game on Sunday!). Monday while doing the second coat and the trim, I ran out of my gallon of paint. I sent my hubby to Lowes to fetch me some. Yesterday when we went to see my beautiful work, it was very clear that literally anything I did with the second round of paint was the complete wrong color!

Cue another trip to Lowes and another round of painting that room until 10:30pm. Hopefully this time the color will look right! I am so tired of painting that bedroom late at night. I know, I know...welcome to homeownership! I'm realizing that small projects always take a lot longer than expected.

So anyway. Please excuse my lack of posting for the time being. My new house is currently under construction!

2 comments:

  1. How in the world are you going to have time to move this weekend???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had an answer for that, but Jordan is wanting to be in there by Friday or Sunday! Guess we're moving either before or after the tailgate. Busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete