1. School is going well, although sometimes it seems as if parents need to be reminded to get a hobby (that is, one that isn’t bugging your child’s teacher). A few of them got that memo and decided to have a silent competition for the cutest kindergarten snack. Here are a few examples:
|Snack-o-lantern -- SO CUTE!|
|This wasn't my class, but I just love it!|
2. I finished reading Lauren Conrad’s book series called LA Candy. If you were a fan of The Hills (or just interested to hear about the other side of reality TV), I would definitely recommend them. There are three books in the series and they are very easy reads…relatively mindless books are my favorite ones. Here is a picture from the book signing where I got to meet her! (If you’re wondering why there are peanuts behind her, it’s because instead of the book signing being in a BOOK store it was at Sams)
|Lauren Conrad book signing|
3. I learned that going to a Saints game for Halloween is way more fun than going to a party. People watching was a lot of fun, the game was great (minus the fact that Stealers fans SUCK), and we both loved dressing up for a black and gold Halloween.
|Black and gold costumes!|
4. I love all of my rent-a-babies. Thank goodness my friends and family have adorable kids we can borrow every now and then!
|My hubby and our niece|
|My best friend Molly's cute baby|
5. Being a homeowner reminds me of this quote from the Notebook.
6. I went to Nashville to visit my great friend Victoria for her birthday. It was a much needed, amazing, relaxing, girly weekend. She seriously is the best hostess in the world. Visiting her is always so much fun! Here are a few highlights from my trip.
|I've always wanted to go to a vineyard!!|
|The cute cupcake place that made Carrie Underwood's wedding cupcakes|
|The Nashtrash tour...SO FUNNY!|