Thursday, November 18, 2010

Things I would love to do, but never have time for

How many important things in your life would you love to do, but somehow don’t make time for?

I feel myself doing this more and more every day. Maybe it’s because I work with 5 year olds and am utterly exhausted by the time I get home. (Putting up with kindergardeners all day is so freaking exhausting. Things have to come out of my mouth that I never thought had to be spoken...and that happens at least 5 times per day.) I feel like I’ve been making so many excuses lately to make up for things like not working out, not eating healthy, not cleaning the house, watching TV instead of being productive, etc.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

I seriously have to get back to living by that phrase. I need to get back to not caring about what people think and making time for the things that are most important in my life. I want to feel as healthy, happy, and carefree as I did 10 months ago. :-)

 

Here are some things I would love to start making more time for:

1. Keeping in touch with friends 
(sorry I've been sucking at that so much lately - the house is finished so no more excuses!)

2. Eating right and moving more 
(my goodness, I want to feel as good as I did on my wedding day again!)

3. Keeping up with our new house 
(cleaning gets overwhelming sometimes, but it needs to be done)

4. Coming up with new ideas for school
(it's hard being a first year teacher...I'm still learning how to balance everything in my life and make time for researching new and fun things for my kids to do)

5. Visiting family more
(I kind of miss my mom even though she lives less than 5 minutes away! And I think I haven't actually hung out with my brother since August)

6. Art
(I miss painting. I haven't painted anything for fun in over a year. I would love to have time for my creative outlet!)


Hopefully I can manage to acquire time for all of that...I guess I'll have some time to think about it over Thanksgiving break. Until then I can rock out to the new Taylor Swift album and dream about our vacation to the Bahamas over the summer (and maybe throw a load or two of laundry in to make that time slightly more productive haha).

1 comment:

  1. Well, I kind of miss you too!!! I can help knock off 3 items on your list...we can paint and go to the gym together!!! After Dec.18 I will be sooo much freer!!!

    ReplyDelete