Saturday, January 22, 2011

Curling up with a good book

I'm not a huge reader, but recently I've been getting into books written by celebrities I like. Yes, as my hubby will probably point out, the title of this post is very debatable. BUT when I read I tend to gravitate toward light and fun books that are easy reads...and are usually found in the "young adult" section of the store. I guess that kind of makes the "good" status diminish a bit, but I like them anyway!

It all started with the Lauren Conrad series (LA Candy), which was actually pretty good. Even though it wasn't a big stretch since it's about a group of girls getting their own reality show, it was interesting to read about what happens behind the scenes to make reality shows happen. It also made me really happy when she came to New Orleans for a book signing...and yes, those are peanuts behind her. It was in the middle of a Sam's Club and not a book store. I've always really loved LC.
PS: I was also very excited to find a Khol's on our trip so I could finally own something from her clothing line!


Anyway, a few months ago I heard that Hilary Duff was writing a novel as well. Seeing as I've loved her since her Lizzie McGuire days, I was very interested to see if this book would be good. I bought it right before our trip to California, and in record time for me, I was able to finish the book in just a day while we were traveling. I couldn't put it down! I'll leave it to you to see what it's about if you're interested...I don't want to give anything away. It was very good - and I can't wait for the next part to come out!


Next up, a post about our amazing one year anniversary trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment