Saturday, October 15, 2011

Maybe one day I'll stick to posting regularly...

Evidently I ignore my blog every other month. Sorry! School has been pretty crazy, and my little family takes up a lot of my time (in a good way).

I love my boys!

Ok, let's start catching you up on the past two months. For my birthday, my hubby surprised me by throwing a fondue party at our house. It's a long story, but he absolutely hates The Melting Pot...so I was really surprised by his idea. We also don't own a fondue pot, so we had to borrow a bunch from friends, family, and neighbors. It turned out to be a really good time! It's definitely something I'd be interested in doing again.

Sangria, meat, chocolate, and jumbo marshmallows...what more could you want?

Later on that weekend, my mom had us over for a birthday dinner. My mom is an amazing cook so the meal was to die for (as usual). She bought a few bottles of my favorite napa wine, cooked an Italian inspired meal, and made chocolate covered strawberries filled with cheesecake for dessert. YUM! And of course the company was perfect. I love getting time to spend with my family, especially my grandma. She's one of my best friends and I love her so much!

Cakebread wine, strawberry dessert, my amazing family, and a birthday painting by my mom!

Judge all you want, but I still love Hanson. I've loved them since I was in grammar school, and my love for them hasn't changed. They still make good music and their concerts are so much fun. For this concert they let fans vote on which album they wanted to be played in its entirety at the concert...and luckily it was Middle of Nowhere, their very first album. Man did it take me back to when I was 12 (sidenote: did you know that they came out almost 15 years ago? Makes you feel old, huh?).


Woohoo!

Before you completely judge me, watch this video. It's my favorite song from their most recent album. Ignore Taylor's beard.


Ok, that's all I have for now. Stay tuned for a series of my catching you posts that will include our anual LSU tailgate, my love of Taylor Swift, and fall clothing. Man, I'm just so interesting! haha

1 comment:

  1. We miss you blogging :) Love the fondue party. And your mom's painting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete