Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Football, an Anniversary, and a Birthday. Oh my!

When life gets busy, it's so much harder for me to remember to blog. I absolutely love keeping up with it, so I'm sorry for the random blogging spurts and hiatuses! So here's a recap of the end of January.

Both the Saints and LSU lost their championship games. It was a very sad time for Louisiana football...and for my household.

Jordan was so loud during the Saints game that Buster decided to sit IN MY LAP on the couch

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary at Restaurant August in New Orleans. I seriously can't believe it's already been two years! So much has happened in that time, but the best thing is that I get to spend every day coming home to my best friend (and my sweet Buster Boo!).

Napa wine and the sunset on the way to dinner

We were already pretty obsessed with John Besh, but this dining experience definitely took our obsession to a whole new level. Amazing! They don't have a corkage fee, so we brought our favorite bottle of Napa wine from our first anniversary.

I was a little disappointed that their only available reservations for a Sunday night were 5:30 or 9:30. Apparently older people know what they're doing - a 5:30 reservation means amazing and attentive service. Who knew! We felt like the only people in the whole restaurant (which definitely wasn't the case). The meal was just to die for. Prepare for mouth watering to begin.

Amazing P&J oysters, gnocchi tossed with blue crab and black truffle, and a fancy egg thingy
Speckled trout Pontchartrain (AKA the best thing I've ever eaten in my life) and Sugar & spice duckling
A chocolate torte and Père Roux’s banana rum cake. I take it back...the banana rum cake may be the best thing I've ever eaten!

So our second anniversary was a success. I highly recommend Restaurant August! It was seriously one of the best meals I've ever had. And the best part? My mom gave me his massive cookbook two years ago, and come to find out my two favorite dishes are in there! I doubt I can recreate them, but here's to trying! Speckled trout Pontchartrain and Père Roux’s banana rum cake, here I come!


The week after our anniversary was Jordan's birthday. He decided he wanted lobster at our house instead of going out to dinner (because let's face it...nothing was going to be better than that meal the week before!). I made a caesar salad, creamy parmesan risotto, and got the lobsters steamed at the grocery. Yum!

Risotto was a request because of our crazy food network obsession. It turned out to be easier than I thought. And so yummy! I may have to lay off the Kraft mac and cheese as a side during the week and replace it with a more sophisticated risotto.


In other news, we're heading to the Sandals in Ocho Rios Jamaica for Mardi Gras! Jordan found a crazy deal on someone's time share, so we're going on an all inclusive 7 day trip. Random and very quick planning process, but my goodness...I can't WAIT!! T minus 16 days!!!!!

Hmmmm...now may be time to attempt to work off those amazing meals I just showed you haha

So excited!!

1 comment: