Friday, February 3, 2012

I Heart New Girl!

I've been pretty obsessed with the show New Girl for a while now. It's one of the only shows on TV right now that make me crack up laughing pretty much every two seconds. If you don't watch it, you should! This week there was a particularly funny scene that I wanted to share. I had a few friends texting me afterward after saying it reminded them of me.


Here's a brake down of the episode. Jess got a traffic ticket because she was braking for a bird. One of her guy roommates started dating a lawyer, who she thought could help her get out of the ticket. It turns out that the lawyer girl doesn't like her much. She tried to be nice by making her cupcakes and talking to her, but they just didn't mesh. And here's my favorite quote from the episode.

Jess: “I got something to say to you, ma’am. I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I HAVE touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spent my entire day talking to children. And I find it fundamentally strange that you’re not a dessert person. That’s just weird! And it freaks me out! And I’m sorry I don’t talk like Murphy Brown, and I hate your pantsuit. I wish it had ribbons on it. Or something to make it just slightly cuter. And that doesn’t mean I’m not smart and tough and strong!"

Lawyer girl: "Are you done?"

Jess: "No, I'm not done! I'm about to go pay this fine, and my checks have baby farm animals on them, bitch!”


Although my checks don't have baby farm animals on them, this quote is pretty accurate. Is mike the tiger close enough? I vote yes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment