Friday, February 17, 2012

Goodbye Mardi Gras, Hello Jamaica!

Today was my first and last Mardi Gras parade this carnival season. Every year my school has a PreK and Kindergarten parade...and let me just tell you. These parents take this parade SERIOUSLY. It's like an actual Mardi Gras parade, just mini sized. They go all out and I love it! Huge floats, great throws, nice crowd. You really can't beat it.



See what I mean? Insanity. One of my kids actually gave me a child sized "Muses" shoe in our school colors. (For those who don't know, Muses is an all women parade and they hand out bedazzled high heel shoes as a cool throw). How freaking cute is this?!

My "Muses" shoe, Mardi Gras tutu, and a daiquiri I picked up on the way home haha

Such a good day! Anyway, tomorrow we leave for Jamaica and I can't wait. Pretty scared to leave Buster Boo behind, but I'm hoping 7 days pass really quickly in a dog's eyes. At least that's what I'll be telling myself! Sandals Grande Rivera in Ocho Rios, here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment