Friday, January 6, 2012

My Updated Cradle List

Last year I made a cradle list of things I wanted to attempt to do before having kids. After looking back through all of my old posts from this past year, that post really stuck out at me. It's been almost a year since I wrote it, and we've actually managed to accomplish most of the items on the list. I decided it's time to review what was on the list and see if there's anything to add.


1) Travel as much as possible and visit friends that live out of town.
On my last cradle list I said that my hypothetical travel list includes: New York, DC, Vegas, Chicago, North Carolina, and somewhere to go skiing. Oh and of course Italy and Greece...but I’ll keep wishing on that one.

We've been so blessed to be able to travel to a lot of amazing places in the 5 years we've been together. We've been to Cozumel on a cruise, St. Lucia on our honeymoon, San Francisco and Napa Valley for our one year anniversary, and the Bahamas on a family trip this past summer. We are also blessed to have friends that live in interesting places. We've visited friends in Nashville and West Palm Beach (both very awesome places to travel!).


This year we have definite plans to go to Cabo for one last all inclusive beach vacation as well as Annapolis, MD for my cousin's wedding. My mom has been talking about a trip to New York or DC while we're in Maryland to visit my good friends Allison and Amelia. Hopefully one of those will come true! :-)

For now, I guess most of the items on my hypothetical travel list will have to wait. Maybe they can move to a bucket list in a few years.

2) Buy a house.   Make a few renovations to our home.
Check! It's probably not our forever home, but it's absolutely perfect for now. We've lived here for over a year and haven't done a thing except paint our bedroom and fix up the garden. We want to put down new laminate floor in the spare bedrooms, move our horrible shed to the side of the yard instead of the middle, and create an herb garden (among other things I'm sure).

3) Do something crazy and spontaneous.   Learn to go with the flow.
I guess I need to do a better job defining this one. In my world, spontaneous is more along the lines of trying a new recipe rather than something like going skydiving. Maybe there's a happy medium...like doing things I'm not 100% comfortable with and trying new things. I'm a big planner, so it's difficult for me when plans change unexpectedly or are out of my control. I guess this is more of a personal goal to learn how to go with the flow.
Zip lining on our honeymoon was definitely a test of my ability to go with the flow!

4) PUPPY!   Spend as much time as possible with our puppy.
Check! Adopting Buster was seriously the best decision we ever made. If there's anything that makes you feel more like an adult, it's being fully responsible for a life (even if it's a dog's life). He makes our life so happy and I honestly can't even remember what this house was like before him! Especially our wiggle butt greetings every time we come home.


5) Sit courtside at a basketball game.
Since the Hornets season just started, I have high hopes of accomplishing this goal this year. My dad's company seats are amazing regardless, but it would be nice to actually sit on the court for a game. Who knows, maybe this year is the year!


6. Continue to strengthen my relationship with my husband, family, and friends.

It seems as if my cradle list stayed just about the same as before. Guess I better get cracking on accomplishing all of these things before we have kids! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment